Friday, July 10, 2009

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm still in Reno, Nevada, waiting to get dispatched to a forest fire. It's been pretty quite, and a little boring!
Today, I rode my bike to Releigh Hights Park, not too far from the condo, and went for a nice hike up Peavine Peak. Didn't make it all the way to the top, but it was a great place to hike. Mostly fire roads criss-cross this area. It was a little difficult knowing which road to take to get to the top. The views back to town and back to the condo were great.

I found this scorpion near where I stopped to take a break.


This is from the high point on my hike, looking back towards the condo and North Valley Regional Park.




I left my bike by the three water towers at the end of Wellington, otherwise known as Releigh Heights.



This shows Peavine Peak, 6,600 ft elevation to the NW of Reno.








No comments: