Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday, March 17, 2008. St. Patrick's Day

Sanderson, TX to Long Fellows, TX. 26 miles, 1881 miles total.

When I woke up at the motel, I still wasn't feeling all that great, so I decided that it would be a good idea to just stay in Sanderson one more night. I also had a lot of things that I could do in town, like get some laundry done and up-date my blog. I also wrote several post cards and mailed some things that I was wanting to mail. The laundry mat was located at the RV park about 1 mile away.

When I got back to the motel, though, they told me that they were already booked full for the night and that I could not stay. There was another motel, but I figured that if I had to pack everything up, I might as well just get on my bike and start riding. I skipped breakfast, and I still wasn't feeling all that great, but off I went, into the Sunset! It was almost 12:30 pm by the time I got on the road.

It's a lot cooler today, but I don't think it will rain tonight. There's a slight chance of rain in the forecast. We'll see what happens. It didn't take long to make it 26 miles, even though it was slightly up hill the whole way. I'm camped along side the road again, but the traffic is light, so I don't think traffic noise will keep me awake. According to the map, I'm about 30 miles from Marathon, TX, so I should make it there by tomorrow.

No comments: