Friday, March 28, 2008

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

La Mesilla, NM to Derry, NM. 49 miles, 2283 miles total.

I got a late start today, and I had very strong head winds all afternoon, so it was difficult to get very far. I wanted to make 55 miles today, but I fell short of my goal. It was a warm day, but not too hot. It's been several days now since there has been any rain. That's good.

I got stung in my left leg by something ... not sure what it was because it was under my kwaki shorts, but the stinger was still there. It hurt for about 2 hours or so! My left knee is also giving me some pain, so I'm trying to take it easy when I can.

In addition to the late start, I ate an early breakfast, which I don't usually do. I prefer to wait later in the day for my first meal. The service was slow, and I felt like I wasted a lot of time, but I wasn't sure what kind of restaurants there would be on the next section of the trail.

I also stopped in Hatch to go to a library. I got there late in the afternoon, and the library was just about to close, so I didn't really get a chance to update the blog, just answer a few e-mails and check the weather report.

No comments: