Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Alpine, TX to Marfa, TX. 36 miles, 1981 miles total.

I camped along side the road in some tall shrubs. The traffic was light, so I slept fairly well. A small herd of cattle came to the edge of the fence, hoping that I had something good to eat. No luck!

My bike is working a little better, thanks to a $70 repair job in Alpine. Got a late start after the bike shop work and a stop at the Alpine Library to up-date the blog. The guy at the bakery (also a long distance bike rider) gave me a bag of doughnuts (Bread and Breakfast Bakery ... great place for food!) I liked the town of Alpine, and enjoyed the evening at James and Julie's house, sharing photos and catching up with Matthais and Neele.

Here's Matthais with his new cowboy hat.

No comments: