Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday May 26, 2015

It's official! I've retired from Valley Regional Transit, and I'm about to pick-up where I left off the Pacific Crest Trail in 2008. I'm planning to catch a ride to Hood River, Oregon on Wednesday, June 3 to visit my son, Kyle Ocean, then make my way to the Olallie Lake Resort and start hiking North on the PCT to Timothy Lake, Timberline Lodge, Eagle Creek, Cascade Locks, and on towards White Pass - Highway 12 in Washington. That should be about 250 miles or so of hiking.

In 2008, I caught a ride from Olallie Lake Resort up to Timothy Lake, hiked a bit, and then skipped ahead again to Cascade Locks for a trail event. When the event was over, I  tried to hike back to Sisters, going up the Eagle Creek Trail to Mt. Hood. That's were it started to snow on me, so I caught a bus back to Sisters.

Starting at Ollalie Lake Resort will be the best way to get all the miles I missed in 2008 ... besides, this is an easy section to hike as there is not a lot of climbing, except the climb up to Timberline Lodge.

In mid-July, I want to be back in Idaho for a family campout, and I also want to be in Salem, Oregon by August 7, 2015 for my 40th High School Reunion from North Salem High School. But other than that, I'll be on the trail!

Keep checking this webpage, as I'm planning on up-dating it with stories and photos of my trip.

No comments: