Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday, May 27,2015

I've been packing some boxes of food and supplies to mail ahead. One will go to Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood, and the other will go to Cascade Locks. I'm using the Flat Rate Medium box from the post office. It was just under $13 each to mail the boxes, and it will cost another $5 at Timberline Lodge to pick up my box, but at least I'll be getting exactly what I want in terms of the food selection, and I don't have to hitch into Government Camp (or walk) to get to the post office. And if I get to Timberline Lodge on a weekend, I can still get my box, whereas I'd have to wait until Monday at the post office.


I also sent away for my Canada Entry Permit ... if I make it all the way to Canada, I plan to continue on in to the town of Hope, then make my way to Vancouver, BC for a visit before heading back to Idaho.
 

No comments: