Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday, July 10, 2009

Another day, another adventure.

Started riding my bike to San Rafael Park, and then up McCarran Parkway to the East Keystone Canyon Trailhead. There's also a West Keystone Canyon Trailhead, but this location is mostly for off-road vehicles rather than bikes.

This shot is looking back to the parking lot at the trail head. There's a porta-potty at the trail head, and the parking lot is linear rather than circular.


I stayed on the wide track up the center of Keystone Canyon. There was a single track that branched off to the right, but it went back to San Rafael Park. There was also a single track that branched off to the left. I'm not sure where that trail went. The main trail was very easy to follow and not a difficult trail at all. Soon, you could see the power lines that lead all the way to Releigh Heights Park.

This looks up the canyon. The sky was nice and blue. It was warm in the morning, but not too bad.



The trail is a nice trail ... good for someone like me that is not as experienced as most when it comes to Mountain Biking!


I took a short break in some shade near this part of the trail.


This is up near the top, looking back towards the radio towers.


I ended the ride at the top of the canyon, near where I hiked yesterday at Releigh Heights. I wish I had gone the other direction (down hill vs. up hill). Oh well! Still a great day of riding!

No comments: