Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying the adventures of my new job with Port-A-Pit Catering. My first assignment has been to help serve food to the 2,100 bicycle riders and an additional 800 or so volunteers as they ride their bikes and drive their trucks from San Francisco to Los Angeles, about 560 miles total over 7 days.

I'm working in the Salad Kitchen, and each meal (dinner and breakfast), we serve clost to 3,000 meals. There's a second team doing the same thing, so we alternate between stops. Today was a travel day for us. We'll get all set up here in Lompoc tomorow morning, and will serve our first meal here tomorrow night. The days are long and the work is not easy, but I'm having a lot of fun, meeting a lot of people, and I'm really enjoying hanging out, when I can, with some of the bike riders.

I hope you are following along on Twitter! You can view my short up-dates at www.twitter.com/stephen_fosdick, but since I'm not posting photos there, you'll need to come here to see the photos!


This is the field of flowers next to the park at Lomboc.


Standing on the roof of the kitchen truck, you can see the tent city in the background.

No comments: