Monday, November 23, 2009

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Arches National Park, just outside the town of Moab, Utah.

This is an amazing place. The rock formations are incredible. I stayed last night at the Lazy Lizard Hostel in Moab, and it was the perfect place to stay. They had nice showers, and the price was very reasonable. I went to the grocery store and bought a "you bake" pizza. It was great!


This is Landscape Arch ... one of the longest natural arches in the world.

Later in the day, I took a group hike to the Firey Furnace area, and it was a great thing to do. We hiked for about 3 hours, and I was amazed by the narrow passages and arches along the way!



Earlier in the morning, I met another hiker by the name of Jason, from California. He invited me to camp in his campsite, and another hiker by the name of Clay also camped there. It was a great evening by the campfire, enjoying chocolate chip cookies!

No comments: