Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vail, Colorado to Moab, Utah! Another beautiful day with clear, blue skys and cool tempatures.

I took a little hike today near Arches National Park. The canyon trail was called the Courthouse Trail.


I didn't get started until late in the day, and the trail wasn't very well marked. I could have hiked further, but there was a point on the trail when I should have crossed the stream. I didn't cross, but followed a trail that stayed on the near side, and I could only go about 1 mile before the trail ended as a sheer cliff wall fell into the creek below. I wish there would have been a sign saying to cross the creek, but I just decided to hike back out at that point. I think I hiked about 5 miles total, or maybe just a little more. It was beautiful, and I'm looking forward to going back to Arches National Park tomorrow or the next day.



This is a great little town. There are a ton of restaurants and bike rental / ATV rental / Jeep Rental shops and tour guides.

I was told that this is the slow season, although I think the weather is perfect for hiking. The trailhead had one other car, and I didn't see a single person on the trail.

There is also some great Mountain Biking Trails near here, so I'm planning on checking that out, too.

I'd like to be back to Salt Lake by the weekend, so I can spend a few days here, seeing the sites and exploring. I took all these photos with my cell phone. I'm pretty happy with the way they are turning out. At some point, I'll need to get another Canon Camera, but for now, these are just fine.

No comments: