Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Camped at the Beach

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Diana and I met for a very nice lunch at a buffet in Chino, close to where the truck driver dropped me off. I also did a little shopping, and found a new cell phone case. Then she took me to the train station so I could ride the MetroLink and Amtrak to San Diego, It was a great train ride!

Before heading to start of the trail, I really wanted to spend some time at the beach. I was hoping to camp on the beach, but I couldn't find a camp ground, so I just waited until dark, then put my tent up by the parking lot, several hundred yards from the beach. I got up early the next morning, before anyone else got there, and headed down to the beach.



Later in the day, I took the bus and the trolley out to Adventure 16 to meet Martha. I still had a few things to buy, like a stove and some fuel. Then we mailed my day pack and city clothes back home and we were off to Campo!

No comments: