Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mt. Laguna Store

Sunday, May 1, 2011

52 miles total, 14 miles today



I had a great time hiking with other hikers today. There are so many new trail names to keep straight that I'm having a hard time with it. I'm having some issues with fuel, because if you try to mail fuel anyway other than ground, the post office wants a $25 haz-mat fee. Hopefully I can get this all figured out soon.



If you look at this picture closely, you can see some small white spotches at the top of the mountain. The white stuff is snow, high on the mountains. I left a note on the trail for other PCT hikers to notice the snow. At the pace that I'm going, I should be to that snow in about 2 weeks or so.



This is a Mt. Laguna Store. They also have rooms that you can rent here. It's very hiker friendly, and they have a wide variety of hiker food that you can buy. When I arrived, several hikers were hanging out in the front of the store, taking a nice break.

No comments: