Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

101 miles total, 16 miles today.



I made it to Barrel Springs today. It was a hot, hot, hot day! In the middle of the day, I stopped and rested for a while, mostly to get out of the mid-day heat.

As night approached, I started to hike with a hiker by the trail name of 8 Miles. I turned on my headlamp to light up the trail.

As we approached the Springs, you could see two RV's that had set up camp near the road. A lot of hikers were there, and they were all talking and laughing. It was like a beacon in the night, inviting anyone and everyone to come join them.

Right at the springs, sereral hikers had set up their tents, but I decided to go straight to where the RV's were parked. They had lots of food: chili, hot dogs, cold beer and soda, fruit, and at least 30 folding chairs for hikers to sit and eat. They had a nice fire going, and the trail angels were wonderful people. I ended up setting up my tent right near the RV's, as a few other hikers had done the same thing.

No comments: