Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bike in a Box


I made a major accomplishment tonight! My bike is in the box, and it's ready to ship to Orlando, via FedEx Ground. It was a big job, and I'm still a little worried about the shape it will arrive in, but what can you do? I still have to box up my trailer, and some of the bike components that I'll add once I get to Orlando, but that will be easier.

Two exciting items arrived in the mail today. First, I received my new GPS from Office Depot. My old GPS just wasn't working very well, and it was time to upgrade. I have a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx mounted to my handlebars with a RAM mount. It will tell me my speed, daily mileage, elevation, and it will track my route. I'm hoping to get the waypoints pre-loaded for the Southern Tier Route. That should help me to stay on the route!

Also in the mail are the 3 Pacific Crest Trail Guidebooks from the PCTA. I'm really glad these arrived. I wasn't sure how long it would take for my order to be shipped, but it only took just a little over a week. These will be packed in separate boxes and shipped to me in San Diego and at other mail drop locations along the trail.

I also made some progress on getting my apartment packed up and carted over to the storage unit. It was nice having the extra day off this week, and I'll be very busy this coming weekend getting it all finished. Time is really flying by! Only 9 more days until I start my trip!


No comments: