Monday, January 28, 2008

I said "Good Bye" to an old friend today

It was a sad departing, but I know it was the right thing to do!

After 8,740 km, I decided that it was time for my 2003 Hunter 50 cc scooter to find a new home. I pushed it about 2 miles from my storage unit to McKay High School Automotive Shops. I'm sure they will have as much fun with it as I had.

The kick starter broke, and the electric starter just wouldn't start it anymore. Once it was running, it would run like a tiger (or, maybe more like a kitten!) I remember that I used to park it next to all the Harley-Davidson Motorcycles at work, hoping that some day it would grow up to be a real motorcycle!

And if I can't find anyone to buy my Toyota Station Wagon in the next two days, I'll be donating that one as well!

Thanks to the snow, and my office closing down, I was able to get a lot more packed and carted over to my storage unit! That was good thing. I have a truck reserved for Wednesday for the larger items, like my bed and the washing machine / dryer combo, two love seats and a couch, plus some odds and ends yet to move. I also have some help lined up for Wednesday, so that will work out well.

I can't believe that I'm leaving in 3 days!



2 comments: