Thursday, July 17, 2008

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lyell Canyon to Virginia Canyon Trail. 21 miles, 956 miles total.

These Marmonts are so curious. They love to run around on the rocks.





There has been so much water ... streams, creeks, waterfalls!





I was glad to make it 21 miles today. I can't believe that I made it that far. I have to get up earlier and hike later in the day, but it's worth it.

I stopped at Tuolumne Lodge to get breakfast, but they stop serving breakfast at 9:00 a.m., so I rode the local bus to the Store / Post Office. There's a small grill there that serves food all day long. The breakfast there was great!

I also stopped at the nearby outfitter. I switched shirts while I was in Salem, but the blue shirt I brought back doesn't wick very well. It just stays wet all day long. I threw it away and bought a new shirt. I'm liking it alot.

My next stop was at Glen Aulin. There are cabins there to rent, and they even serve dinner, but it was early, so I hiked on..

I saw the first park ranger today ... had to ask them to inspect my wilderness permit! I'm carrying it all this way, I'd at least like someone to look at it once in a while! They asked me about my bear cannister, and I was glad to report that I was using it. Haven't seen any bears, though.

No comments: