Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Forsyth Peak to Sonora Pass Highway 108. 23 miles, 1018 miles total.



Another great day for photos!





I passed a hugh milestone today: 1,000 miles! It's hard to believe that I've hiked that far!

I started early at 6:30 a.m. I also had my first blisters today! My shoes are wearing out ... can you believe it? It's time for a new pair of shoes.

Finally at 8:00 p.m., I made it to Sonora Pass. It was starting to get dark, and I didn't know if I'd get a ride 30 miles to Bridgeport or not. The first vehicle by was a pickup truck, but he didn't even slow down! About 15 minutes later, the second car stopped to give me a ride. They were a very nice couple, and we had a great chat on the way to town. I bought them dinner after we arranged our motel rooms.

I'll figure out how to get a new pair of shoes in the morning. Hopefully, there will be a store in town that will have something that will work. I also need to buy 4 or 5 days worth of food.

No comments: