Sunday, April 20, 2008

Friday April 18, 2008

Scissor Crossing to Granite Mountain. 4 miles of hiking, 81 miles total.


Dave Smothers at julian Pie Company downloaded my photos to CD's. That was great. I was able to send them home and erase the 2 gig chip in my camera.

I lost one of my sandels on the trail. I was hoping that Glen might find it and bring it along, but he didn't see it. I wasn't going to carry just one sandel, so I threw the one I had away. I'll get another pair later.

Julian is famous for it's Apple Pie, and let me assure you, it was VERY GOOD!

There is a bus that runs from Julian back to Scissor's Crossing, but it doesn't leave until about 4:00 p.m. I wanted to get an earlier start back on the trail, so I hitched a ride. It didn't take too long to catch a ride by the Post Office. Small towns near the trail seem to be aware of the needs of PCT hikers.

Once on the trail, I was able to hike about 4 miles before I found a nice place to camp. Later, Steve and Jane (they took the bus) hiked by and decided to camp near me. It was nice to see them again.

No comments: