Friday, April 4, 2008

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aguila, AZ to Quartzsite, AZ. 70 miles, 2795 miles total.

Here's the sign for today. It was located just outside the town of Hope, AZ:



I saw almost 50 bike riders today heading East. 44 of them were all in a group called "Wandering Wheels". They are a supported group, and they had a truck, and trailer, and a van. It must be nice not to have to carry your own gear (I wouldn't know!). They were a fun bunch, and one of the riders that I talked to lives near Sisters, Oregon, so that was fun. This group was headed to Georgia.

I still had head winds today, though it was a good day. I got an early start at 7:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Gazelle said...

Hey Steve,
This is Gazelle. I have followed your trip via this webpage and I am so excited for you that you are just about done and will soon be in San Diego preparing for the hike ahead. I was wondering when you think you will be in San Diego, so that we can plan for your arrival. Also we are in Mexico right now. We won't be home until Monday (4/7) evening. I hope that you don't get there before then so that you can stay with us. Let me know via email (ljerd@uci.edu) how it's going!
Sincerely,
Gazelle