Friday, April 18, 2008

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 TAX DAY!

Kitchen Creek Road to Mt. Laguna. 11 miles, 43 miles total.

I was up and on the trail by 6:30 a.m. this morning. It doesn't take near as long to get packed up and going as it did on the bike. I'm not exactly sure why that is.

The weather was much cooler today. That's a good thing. It's been farily hot and dry here in Southern California. I went to the general store for some supplies, some post cards and stamps, and some food. It was a great store. They had some rooms available, but I decided to hike about a mile or so to find a place to camp along the trail. I'll do that most of the time now, and will only stay in a motel if there is no other option or I feel like I just need a shower!

It was windy during the night, but the place I set up my tent had some shrubs on both sides of me, so the wind wasn't as bad as if I'd been out in the open.

The guy at the store said that it would be down into the the 30's during the night, but my new sleeping bag is doing a great job of keeping me nice and warm at night.

No comments: