Friday, April 4, 2008

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Surprise, AZ to Aguila, AZ. 59 miles, 2725 miles total.

Here's the sign for today:



I'm finally catching up with my blog. Sorry for the delay. There haven't always been libraries and computers to use.

I rode 59 miles today. I wanted to ride further, and would have riden after dark with my bike lights, but the strong headwind made it too difficult to ride. I ate dinner at a small cafe, and just couldn't get going again. I rented a motel room next to the cafe for $45. I know that the wind would have blown my tent over if I tried to camp.

There was a great bakery called "Paradise Bakery and Cafe" in Surprise. The food was awesome! If you are ever in the area, make sure you look this place up!

Stopped in Wickenburg for a hamburger and shake for lunch at the Tasty Freeze. This was a nice little town, and I would have enjoyed spending a little more time there. I can sure tell that I'm getting close to the end of the bike ride, though.

No comments: