Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Campo, CA to Lake Morena Camp Ground, CA - 18 miles, 20 miles total.


This was a killer day of hiking! My pack is much too heavy, and my old gear just isn't going to work like I thought it might. I made it to the campground just before dark, and was so glad to get there.


There are about 5 other thru-hikers camped here tonight, and it is great to hear their stories and be encourage by them as well, but most agree that I need lighter gear, so tomorrow, I'll take a zero day and go back to San Diego to get different gear.

Had a nice steak dinner from some other campers that felt sorry for me! It was nice to have a great dinner and not have to cook!

I had really bad cramps in the night, in my hands, arms, legs and feet. I was in great pain! I really didn't know if I was going to make it through the night! I just kept laying there hoping that the Advil will start to kick in soon! I finally got some sleep and rested well most of the night.

No comments: