Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Friday, Feb. 22, 2008

St. Francisville, LA to Simmersport, LA. 44 miles, 979 total.

I toured some more old homes and a church today in St. Francisville. I got a lazy start, but that's OK once in a while. Washed my soaking clothes from the rain yesterday. Today got a little cool in the afternoon, and had to get out my warm gloves by about 2:30 pm or so. That is unusual!



This is the Mississippi River:



While looking for a place to camp, I found an old church, but it just didn't feel like a good place to camp, so I pressed on. I ended up staying at the Sportsman Motel in Simmesport, LA. They had a great pizza restaurant next to the motel, so I got a nice hot dinner.



And here's my "Sign for the day":



Can you read the small sign on the phone pole? Why would they care if bikes are on the sidewalk?

No comments: