Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Saturday, Feb. 23, 2008

Simmesport, LA to Washington, LA. 49 miles, 1028 total.

I passed the 1,000 mile mark today in the town of DuPont, LA! This was an exciting moment for me. It was like the trip was finally REAL and not just a dream. 1,000 miles seems like a long way to travel by bike, but I just take one pedal at a time.



I met a biker from Wyoming today. His name is John, and he's a history professor. We enjoyed eating breakfast together and talking about the South. He's not following the Adventure Cycling route, but making up his own route though very rural parts of the South. We had a great visit. The breakfast at Rossie's, French Toast and OJ, was also very good!

I'm still having a lot of problems with this whole "mail-drop" thing. I know that I have a couple of letters out there, and thank you to whom ever sent them. One of these days, I hope I can read the letters! I left a note for the postmaster at DuPont, LA to foward any mail to my last scheduled mail-drop at Anderson, TX. I should be there by Thursday or Friday, and I hope to catch up with my mail there.

Still, the fastest way to reach me is to text me on my cell phone. I've been trying to save my battery, so I do keep the phone off for most of the day, but I turn it on from time to time, and will always reply to a text message. Otherwise, e-mail is also good and posting comments on this blog is also good.

Be cautious about some of the comments. If the comment is very brief and all is has is a link, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK! I'm trying to figure out how to delete these, and it seems that spammer's are posting these comments. I'll get them removed as soon as I can figure out how.

This shot was a typical countryside shot ... It's really been beautiful here in the South:




The library I'm using today won't allow me to up-load any photos ... I'm not sure why that is. I'll add some photos at the next library when I get the chance.

No comments: