Friday, February 22, 2008

Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008

Franklinton, LA to Norwood, LA. 66 miles, 906 miles total.

Today was a great day! The roads were good, and there were only a few spots with heavey traffic. Most of the time, the traffic was light, but there were a few log trucks. Most of the time, they slow down and take a lot of care when passing me.

I left the motel early at 7:30 am, so I got a good start. It was nice to have a shower.

I'm having a real problem with these mail stops. It seems that every place where I think I can catch up with my mail, its either closed or I'm there too early or there is some other problem. I know that there are at least two letters out there, but I have not been able to get them yet. I had to send a written request back to one of the post offices, asking them to forward the mail ahead. I think my next stop, scheduled for DuPont, LA will also be impossible as I'll likely be there by Sunday. I could take a zero day, but I'd rather keep going than wait for my mail to catch up to me.

I had wonderful fried chicken for dinner tonight! The food has been really good!

Here's a typical shot of what the road look like here:

No comments: