Friday, June 6, 2008

Monday, June 2, 2008

Near Onyx to Owen's Peak. 8 miles, 660 miles total.

When I woke up, I got everything packed and walked down to the road. I had no idea if I was going to have any easier time hitch-hiking today or not. I start walking to a pull out about 50 yards ahead of me, and before I could get there, the second car to pass me pulled over and offered me a ride. I hadn't even started to hitch-hike yet! Not at all like last night!

Back at the campground, Meadow Mary was there with water and fruit! It was a great treat. There were other hikers there, too. Some were heading into town, and others were going back out on the trail. I decided to spend the day resting, but by about 1:30 pm, I couldn't just sit there any longer and decided to start hiking down the trail. I was taking it slow, and that was OK. I'm not in any big hurry to get to Kennedy Meadows because I'm ahead of schedule (what is a schedule?) for leaving Kennedy Meadows. I originally planned to leave KM on about June 15th or so.

Here's the big news! Someone hiking on the trail past the ledge I had camped at found my lost tent stake and brought it to Walker Pass Camp Ground. I was so surprised to get my tent stake back!

Owen's Peak had a great place to camp, and even though it had been windy earlier in the day, the wind seemed to calm down a bit, and I slept really good.


No comments: