Thursday, June 26, 2008

Monday, June 23, 2008

Bear Creek Crossing to Vermillion Valley Resort. 10 miles on the PCT, plus almost 2 miles on the side trail to Lake Eddison. 877 miles total on the PCT.

Tim, Louise and Julio were at the Ferry Dock on the East end of the lake, fishing and hanging out. They offered me a ride to the resort, and to stay the night in Auberry. The next day, Louise was planning a trip to Fresno, so I decided to get off the trail for a week to let some of the 900 forest fires (many of them ahead of me on the trail) to get under control. I also have some business back in Salem that I need to take care of, so I'll see if I can get a round trip train ticket to Salem and take a few zero days. It would be nice to spend the July 4th Holiday with my family.

We stopped for Pizza on the way back to Tim's place in Auberry. Then, Julio fried up the great trout that he had caught earlier in the day! It was very good! Tim had a trailer next to the house, so I slept very good!

No comments: