Friday, June 6, 2008

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spanish Needle Creek to Fox Mill Spring. 16 miles, 684 miles total.



I hike with Land Shark and Catepiller today. It's been nice to see them again.

The day was cold and windy in the morning, but it soon came to sunshine and warmed up nicely.

Water was not an issue today, either. There was plenty, and it was good water. This is what it will be like in the Sierra Mountains, and I won't need to carry the 4 liters of water that I've been carrying. That will save on weight and will allow me to carry more food.

I had a big hill to climb today ... from 5,500 feet to 8,000 feet! I decided to camp about 1/2 the way up, just to save part of the climb for tomorrow. I ate an early dinner, and my tent is all set up and ready for sleeping.

No comments: