Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rae Lakes to Twin Lakes. 10 miles, 805 miles total.

I got a nice early start today, and stopped at the last of Rae Lakes to fix my breakfast. There are a few high clouds today, but mostly the sky is clear and bright blue.

I didn't see a lot of other hikers today. Most of the "herd" is past me now. There was a nice place to stop and fix a hot lunch ... still trying to get my food supply down enough to get it all in the bear vault!

I'm still about 72 miles from Vermillion Valley Resort, and I like this easy pace. The views are so beautiful the last couple of days ... I wouldn't want to be flying though this part. An since there are so many stream crossings and snow fields, its hard to do too many more miles than I'm doing anyway.

No comments: