Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bishop Pass Trail to McClure Meadow Ranger Station. 16 miles, 847 miles total.

I crossed the John Miur Pass today. It had a lot of snow, just like all the others. It was very difficult to follow the trail because of all the snow, and I ended up losing the trail several times. I had a general idea about which direction to go, but it is so much easier when you have a trail to follow. There are a lot of footprints, but sometimes, even the different footprints don't agree, so you have to decide which set to prints to follow.

There were so many streams and 'wet crossings' that I just kept my shoes on and got them wet! At one point, we were on the wrong side of the lake, so we had to cross the stream twice to get back on the trail. It was a good thing because had we stayed on the wrong side of the lake, we would have come to a cliff that wasn't passable, and would have had to hike all the way back to get across the stream again.

I think today had more water crossings that any previous day!

No comments: