Monday, May 26, 2008

Friday, May 23, 2008

Green Valley Ranger Station to Highway 138. 20 miles, 517 miles total.

The colors of the sunsets and the flowers have been unbelievable!




Right before breakfast at Casa de Luna, Jim, a fireman with LA County Fire Department was dropping off a hiker, and he offered to take me back to Red Carpet Cache. This was close to where I needed to go, so I took the ride.

Just as I was getting out of the truck, it started to rain hard, so I made a mad dash to the cache and set up my tent for shelter. It rained for about an hour or so, and I was glad to have my tent for cover. Once the rain let up, it took 2 more rides to get back to the road that lead up to Burnt Peak Road, the location I left the trail last.

It continued to rain most of the day, and it was cold, but not too bad. Finally, the trail dropped below the clouds, and I was able to find a dry place to put up my tent. All in all, it was a good day on the trail.

No comments: