Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Green Valley (Casa De Luna) to Burnt Peak Road water cache. 20 miles, 499 miles total.

This is me in front of the large white sheet that everyone writes their trail name on.

Joe and Terrie Anderson are "one of a kind!" They're really not wierdos!


After a great night's sleep, everyone was treated to hot cakes and syrup made by Terrie Anderson! What a great breakfast!

Some other hikers were going back to the ranger station, so I took an early ride and hiked 20 miles to Burnt Peak Road. Dave was there stocking the water cache. It was very cold and windy ... too windy to set up my tent, and I was really feeling like I should have taken a zero day at the Andersons. Dave said he'd take me back, and even though I'll have a difficult time getting back up that bumpy dirt road, I decided that I'd go back to the Casa De Luna and take the zero day that I should have taken in the first place.

It was about 8:00 p.m. when we got back to Green Valley, and Joe was in the middle of "Story Time", another great past time at the Anderson House!

I ended up sleeping on the couch. What a treat!

No comments: