Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Paradise Cafe to Lion Peak. 9 miles, 160 miles total.

This is a photo of Martha from Adventure 16 ... the angel that helped me to lighten my back by at least 20 pounds! She's planning on hiking the PCT in 2009. Way to go, Martha!



I said good-bye to LA, and then we got an early start back to the Paradise Cafe near Idyllwild. I was so glad to be back on the trail.

I turned in early tonight. It will be cool and it might be windy. I'm camped on a ridge, but I'm under some low trees. I'll try to get an early start in the morning. It's good to be hiking in the early morning when it's not so hot and dry.



I've heard that there are patches of snow near Apache Junction, on the way to Idyllwild. I'll need to go into town there to re-supply with food. I'm doing better with water, and I find that it's good to carry about 4 liters of water.

No comments: