Monday, May 19, 2008

Saturday, May 17, 2008

North Fork Ranger Station to Robin's Nest RV Park. 8 miles, 445 miles total.





It was a very relaxing morning, and it got very hot during the middle of the day. The ranger station had good water, so I decided to take a rest day to let my foot heal. It was feeling like a blister trying to develop, and I didn't want that to happen. I thought the rest day would do me good.

Several other hikers came to the ranger station during the day. Most stayed a little while, then headed on. Joker showed up around noon, and I found out the Seven and Julian were ahead of us. They spent an extra day in Wrightwood.

By 3:00 p.m., there were about six hikers there, relaxing and staying out of the heat. Most were planning to make a run to the Robin's Nest RV Park, so I decided to pack up my gear and go with them. We all loaded up with water and started on our way. It wasn't a difficult hike, and I was sure glad that I went along.

Once at the RV Park, we got a group rate ($4 each) to camp, and there was a large Mexican Celebration going on. I was able to enjoy some free food (very good food, too!), and we all took a quick dip in the swimming pool. It was very refreshing! The one down side was the Mexican Band (with about 15 members in all) played music until at least 2:00 a.m., so it was difficult to sleep!

No comments: