Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Robin's Nest RV Park to Agua Dulce (Saufley's Place), 10 miles, 455 miles total.









I got a nice early start at 6:00 a.m. It was a good thing, too, because it quickly became very hot.

The trail headed down to Highway 14, then went under the highway through a long tunnel. On the other side was Vasquez Rocks, a great campground where I used to camp when I was about 8 years old with my family. It brought back some wonderful memories, and the rocks all look just like they did 40 years ago, except for all the houses that have built up around the park.

Once I made it to the Saufley's place, it was amazing! This is such a relaxing place to be. There are about 20 hikes here right now, but this place can easily accomidate about 50 to 60 hikes. Donna is wonderful, and she makes everyone seem so welcome. She washes your clothes for you, and even organized a work crew to erect three more large tents with cots. There was a nice campfire, and they even have 8 bikes that you can use to ride about 10 blocks to the local market. I can see how hikers could easily take a week off and stay here to relax!

2 comments:

greg kornspan said...

Steve
Great talking to you.
All is well and thanks for pictures.
Call anytime you can

Your brother in Christ
Greg

Stephen Fosdick, 100biketours.com said...

Greg,

It was nice to talk to you the other day. I'm now in Green Valley, and the hike is going really well. I made it to mile 499 today!

So Far