Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Monday, May 12, 2008

Inspiration Point to Little Jimmy Campground. 15 miles, 384 miles total.

After a nice breakfast of waffles with Boysenberry Syrup and coffee, Marion drove me and Wasa to the trail ... about 5 miles up Highway 2 from Wrightwood. As we arrived, three other hikers were just getting to this junction, so she gave them a ride back to town! Wrightwood was very hiker-friendly!





This is a photo of me at the top of Mt. Baden-Powell, at about 9,300 feet.



There were a lot of switchbacks climbing up this mountain, and there was a lot of snow on the trail. At times it was very difficult to follow the trail, and from the footprints in the snow, I wasn't the only one have a hard time. I'm glad it wasn't hot!



I finally made it to Little Jimmy Campground, and there was a nice spring with water just before the campground. Water seems to be easier to find right now, and I was able to re-supply in Wrightwood with more than enough food to make it all the way to Auga Dulce ... the down side is my pack is a little heavy, but not too bad.

No comments: