Thursday, March 27, 2008

Friday, March 21, 2008 Good Friday

Marfa, TX to Van Horn, TX. 70 miles, 2051 miles total.

I wanted to get up early, but it was just too hard to roll out of bed! I finally got up and on the road at 8:45 a.m. It was a great day for riding ... no hills, warm yet not too hot. Can't get 2nd gear to work right, so I have to jump from 1st gear to 3rd gear. Bummer!

I talked to Phillip, a motorcycle rider from AZ. He's a video photographer, and he had some great stories to share. I would have enjoyed talking to him more, but I needed to get going again.



In the town of Valentine, TX, I met Jesus from El Paso and Chris and her son, Tom from Albuquerque. I thought there would be more to see there, but they didn't even have a store or a restaurant, so I kept on going.

I arrived in Van Horn at about 8:30 p.m. It was still light because the time changed today ... I'm now in Mountain Time Zone. I went to the Cattle Company restaurant for a nice T-Bone steak for dinner, then paid $8 to camp at an RV Park. They had nice showers. I'm glad I didn't stay at the KOA ... they wanted $22, and I would have needed to ride about 2 miles back. It was another late start ... got on the road at 9:00 a.m.

No comments: