Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sunday, March 16, 2008 Palm Sunday

Dryden, TX to Sanderson, TX. 35 miles. 1855 miles total. Another very hot and dry day, about 97 degrees. The hot day took its toll on me today. My face is a little sunburnt (even with sunscreen). I'm not sure if it is the heat or maybe something that I ate, but I'm not feeling very good.

About 5 miles before Sanderson, I stopped at a picnic area and took a short nap. It was nice to get out of the sun, as these picnic areas all have covered tables. I rolled out my sleeping pad and layed there in the shade. After I woke up, I decided that I needed to press on.

I found a motel in Sanderson early in the afternoon and decided to go ahead and stay there for the night. The shower and a nice early bedtime did me good.

At about 9:30 pm, I woke up and decided to go across the street to a market/gas station and buy some chicken for dinner. That and a Sprite helped me to feel a little better.

No comments: