Monday, March 3, 2008

Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008

Merryville, LA to Kountze, TX. 67 miles, 1208 miles total.

After a great night at the Museum in Merryville with Mathais and Neele (from Germany), we got an early start at 7:30 am and headed for Texas. It didn't take long to get to the border.



Since my two German friends are much faster riders than me, we said our "good-byes" and off they went. Not too long later, I had my second flat tire on this trip. Not too bad, considering that I've gone over 1,000 miles. It was my rear tire on the bike, and it didn't take me very long to fix it.

Later, I came to a river that must be very popular for riding in a canoe. There were about 6 or 7 different out-fitters that rent canoes during the summer season. I've never seen so many canoes all in one place. I'm sure that on a busy day, it's possible to walk from one side of the river to the other without getting wet!






The wind for the day was a tail wind, so that helps, especially on the hills. My trailer is so heavy, I sure wish I could un-load some more of the "stuff" I'm carrying! It got cold in the evening, so I decided to stay at a Super 8 Motel for the night. It was a good decision.

Here's my "Sign for the day":

No comments: