Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Zero Day, again! San Antonio, TX, 1525 miles total.

First, an important note to everyone that I've given my Blog Address to in the last couple of days. Welcome to my blog! It was noted that my e-mail address is wrong on the card. The correct e-mail address is "stephen_fosdick@yahoo.com", but you can also reach me by posting a comment here on the blog site. Another good way to reach me is to send a text message to my cell phone at (503) 602-8771.

Ken and I went to church today. It was a good service. The pastor asked if I was related to Harry Emerson Fosdick. I was happy to report "yes"!

The sermon was a good one. I enjoyed it.

Back at Ken and Karen's house, I started getting ready for my departure early on Monday. I set up my tent, organized my bag, and cleaned up a few things. I wasn't able to make my load any lighter, but I think I'm ready for an early start. It's been such a nice time here, I doubt I'll want to leave. I'm sure that our paths will cross again, though, for Ken and Karen will be heading out West in a few months for a visit. I invited them to join me on the Pacific Crest Trail or to come to Sisters, Oregon in December.



Karen returned home from her Retreat a little past noon. I made Grilled Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches for lunch, and then we sat around and just relaxed! I enjoyed it. We also looked at the maps some more. Ken and Karen have traveled the roads I'm heading for many time before, so they had a lot of suggestions for me. I was glad to accept their seasoned advice!

Then, we headed to the Helotes Country Store for a Great Texas BBQ Dinner. There was a band playing Western music, and a lot of people were dancing. It was fun there. Willie Nelson lives nearby, and is reported to drop in from time to time. We didn't see him, but the lead singer sounded a lot like Willie (maybe even better!). It was all good! It will be a sad departure tomorrow, but I'm starting to feel anxious to be back out on the rode again. There's a forecast for rain and cooler weather, but I'm ready for that.

No comments: