Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Camp Wood, TX to Del Rio, TX. 86 miles! 1727 miles total.

The day started out damp, but not cold. That was a nice break. The hills wwere not so bad today, either. I didn't have to walk once!

I made it to Brackettville, TX and stopped at the library. It actually got really hot in the afternoon, maybe about 90 or so.

I stopped at a roadside picnic area (Texas has a lot of these, which is nice, but they don't have any restrooms at them!) I decided to fix my dinner on my alcohol stove for two reasons. I've been carrying this heavy can of chili, and I'd like to do more cooking rather than doing so much eating in restaurants. After dinner, I pressed on again.




I made it to Del Rio at about 10:00 pm. It wasn't so bad riding after dark because I have really good lights on the front and the back of my bike and trailer. There's less traffic at night, and cars/trucks can actually see me from further back than they can during the day (because of my lights). It's also cooler in the evening.

I stayed at a little motel, and the price was actually very good ($31). It was clean and safe, but the bed was a little hard. The shower worked, and they had plenty of warm water!

No comments: