Monday, March 3, 2008

Wednesday Feb. 27, 2008

Kountze, TX to Coldsprings, TX. 67 miles - 1275 miles total.

I had a lazy day today. Stopped for a 40 minute break (also known as a nap!) in the morning ... I just couldn't get going. It was a sunny day, but it stayed cool.

In the early evening, I saw a sign advertising a drama production at a local church in Coldsprings, called "Glory and Fire". It started at 7:00 pm, and by my estimation, I thought I could make it, so I headed off. Sure enough, I got there about 6:55 pm. It was a very good show, and there were a lot of people that turned out for it, especially younger people.

The church allowed me to camp in back of the church, so that was nice. I didn't have to ride very far after the production!

Here's my sign for the day. Only in Texas!



Why do they go to the trouble of having this sign made up and installed? Wouldn't it be just as easy to PAINT THE CENTER STRIPE? And here's the funny part: every time I see this sign, there's ALWAYS been a center stripe! I guess they forget to take down the sign after the stripe painter comes through.

No comments: