Monday, March 3, 2008

Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008

Coldsprings, TX to Anderson, TX. 55 miles - 1330 miles total.

It was a great morning, with warm weather for riding. The route went through the Sam Houston National Forest, and it was beautiful there. It reminded me a lot of Central Oregon, except there are no mountains to speak of ... not yet, anyway.

I ate an early dinner in Richards, TX. A guy by the name of Larry Ogletree runs a small BBQ diner just outside of town, and it was very good food. I was the only customer, so Larry and I had a nice chat about my ride.

The postmaster in Richards encouraged me to continue on to Anderson, and he told me that the post office there opens early, so I decided to go for it. He also told me about a nice restaurant next to the Post Office that offers great home cooked meals, so I'll give it a try in the morning.

I camped near the Courthouse, and it was very windy. I could hear the flags blowing in the wind all night long. It was warm durning the night ... maybe about 60 degrees or so. Almost too warm.

At the town gas station, they also sell food, and I couldn't pass up buying a cheeseburger. A guy by the name of Justin was there buying three cheeseburgers to take home to his family. We had a nice chat as we were waiting for our food.

No comments: