Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bandera, TX to Utopia, TX. 35 miles, 1598 miles total.

It was a nice, sunny morning, but I had a very hard time dragging myself out of my sleeping bag today! Yesterday, being my first day in several to ride, took its toll on me. I'm not sure how far I'll get with such a late start. By the time I got everything packed up and took a shower, it was 10:30 am.

I called Mike Tuck, Vernon's newphew in Kerrville. We had a nice chat, and I was sorry that I didn't make it there to meet him face to face. I'll save that for another trip.

Stopped in a very small town called Tarpley, TX for lunch at a small store. They were very nice there, and very interested in my trip.



I finally found Utopia! It's a great small town in Texas! And for the very first time on my entire trip, I cooked my dinner on my stove. It's about time, don't you think? I fixed a can of Beef Stew and also had some peaches. Great, easy dinner. I should cook my dinner more often. It's a ton cheaper than eating out all the time.

I'm turning in early tonight as the sun is setting. I"m going to try to be on the road by 7:30 am tomorrow. I got too late a start today. I'd like to make 55 miles again, as I'm behind on my mileage average. There is a place I can camp in Campwood, TX.

For the past day or so, I haven't had any cell service, which is odd. Most of the time, even on some of the back country roads, I've had cell service.

I camped next to a small stream, and also near the road. I hope it's not too noisy.

No comments: